2605 North A1A Highway
Melbourne, FL 32903
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront
Service of food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly,
courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guests to check for accuracy.
- Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- When complete, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guests along with appropriate condiments.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any desert items or specialty coffees.
- Supplement the bus help in clearing and resettling the tables.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Present the check to guest promptly.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor/manager.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor/manager.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
- Assists other Restaurant Personnel when needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card or in the process of being certified
- Hold a valid TABC license
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Lifting Fifty (30) pounds maximum.
- Constant standing & walking required.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront
290 Room Hotel
Beautiful Oceanfront Hotel in Melbourne
With stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, our family-friendly oceanfront hotel in Melbourne, FL, is ideal for leisure travelers longing for a beach getaway. Our well-appointed rooms and suites provide guests with a restful oasis. Additionally, Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront features wonderful amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a heated outdoor pool, a 24/7 Fitness Center, beach access, and a free shuttle.
Explore Brevard Zoo with the family before heading to nearby Satellite Beach, a beautiful coastal city. You'll also be minutes away from charming downtown Melbourne, FL and less than hour drive from the Kennedy Space Center. Later, head back to the hotel and relax poolside as you enjoy drinks and snacks from Longboards Oceanfront Grille.