2400 W Loop S
Houston, TX 77027
The Chifley Houston, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Primarily responsible for the overall maintenance of the hotel’s building and grounds and for the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems. Key responsibilities include keeping all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and completing maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotel’s standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunction in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on a schedule basis (e.g., “room care”).
- Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintains the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Assists other Engineering Personnel when needed.
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The Hotel may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below, when applicable
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
- Be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control and emergency procedures.
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
- Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, sleeping and function rooms.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly, as there will be interaction with guests and other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient while maintaining a pleasant cheerful demeanor.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, and climb on all types of surfaces.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace, up to 30 feet in the air.
- Grasping, lifting and holding tools and having good finger dexterity is required.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Lifting and moving objects up to 100 pounds.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, and smiling.
The Chifley Houston, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
286 Room Hotel
Lifestyle suites in Uptown Houston
Located in Uptown Houston, 3 blocks from The Galleria. Our all-suite hotel is a half mile from The Arboretum and Nature Center while NRG Stadium and downtown are less than eight miles. River Oaks, Montrose, and Rice Village are within a 15-minute drive. Enjoy our fusion restaurant and bar, Rouse, plus access to the outdoor pool and fitness center.